CRAVE is an 8 Week Focus on Spiritual Habits that takes place twice during the school year.
Fall CRAVE: September 29 - November 24
Spring CRAVE: Dates: February 2 - March 29
For eight weeks, students are held accountable for:
- Having a daily quiet time. All Students doing CRAVE must use either: Word of Life's One-Year Daily Devotional with Commentary, for Teens and Adults, 2019-2020 Edition (Recommended for High School students or those who have done quiet times in the past) or One-Year Daily Interactive Devotional for Teens, 2019-2020 Edition (Recommended for Middle School students or those who are not yet used to doing a quiet time. Books are available for purchase online or for $25 in the office.
- Memorizing select memory verses each week. (Click for Verses)
- Taking sermon notes (Sunday morning and Wednesday Night)
- Students are encouraged to keep an on going journal of sermon notes. Notes should include the date, sermon title/main point, focal passage, key point(s), and take away(s).
- Bringing at least one friend to church during the 8 week period
Students can be checked off each Sunday during the 15 minutes between Sunday morning youth hours or at Wednesday Night Youth Gatherings.
Students, both middle school and high school, who complete either eight week period will be allowed to attend the corresponding reward trip, and be recognized for their accomplishment during a Sunday morning worship service.
This year's Fall reward trip is to attend the Strength To Stand Conference in Pigeon Forge, TN January 18-20, 2020.
Our Spring Reward Trip is still TBD.